*** The original and only iOS shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6/E7/E8/E9 transmitters on:
• Canon 1DC/1DX/1DX3/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/90D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/Ra/RP; Kiss X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
USB connection requires a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or a USB-C equipped iPad. When using Wi-Fi or Ethernet, the camera must be paired directly with ShutterCount using the "EOS Utility" connection mode. The camera and your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same wireless network. Personal Hotspot created on iPhone can be used to connect the camera to.
Wi-Fi on the camera must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Certified cameras (using photos):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/D7500/Df/Z6/Z7/Z50; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using photos, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Original photos must be imported to Photos first.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.