A number of English words have Greek and Latin roots. An understanding of the commonly used roots will help you to easily guess and remember the meaning of new words and substantially strengthen your vocabulary.
This application enables you to learn a list of commonly used root words, their meanings and some examples of words that was formed from the root words. You also can look up for the roots of a word.
● Multiple choice QUIZ
- 33 multiple choice quizzes
- Quizzes and answers shuffle every time
- You got score only if you give correct answer at the first time
- There are 33 decks for you to select
- Flip a flashcard to see its meaning
- Audio feature to help you remember a root and its meaning
● Other features:
- Over 5650 words, 712 Latin roots and 258 Greeks roots.
- Each word has definition and examples from various online news
- Pronunciation of each word.
- Translation: translate a word to your language.