The Word of Promise® Audio Bible is a scripted dramatization of the trusted New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible presented in a compelling, dramatic audio theater format. The audio project took over 4 years to produce and features an All Star Cast including the talents of actors: Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ and Person of Interest) (plays the role of Jesus), Michael York (narrator), Richard Dreyfuss (Moses), Gary Sinise (David), Jesse McCartney (young David and Daniel), Stacy Keach (Paul and Job), Ernie Hudson (Peter), Sean Austin (Elihu), Malcolm McDowell (Solomon), Joan Allen (Deborah), Lou Diamond Phillips (Mark), Luke Perry (Judas), Harry Hamlin (Nehemiah), and Martin Jarvis (voice of God). Complete with production by AFTRA Award winner Carl Amari (The Twilight Zone™ Radio Dramas), an original music score by prolific Italian composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater & The Shooter), and movie-quality sound effects produced, engineered, and mixed at Cerny American Creative in Chicago—an award-winning facility ranked in the Top 3 in the nation for sound design headed by director JoBe Cerny. Over 90 hours of audio.
In addition to this amazing audio, the Word of Promise App features:
• Complete text of New King James Version Bible synchronized with audio to the verse
• Search and Go directly to any verse to hear and see the Bible instantly
• Bookmark, highlight or write you own notes
• Use the built-in playlists to access pre-programmed plans that take you through the New Testament in 40 days or the entire Bible in Chronological (timeline) order
• Create your own playlist of verses and share with small groups from church, friends and family
• Sleep timer
• Christ words highlighted in red
• Airplay support
• Support for headphone pause and play buttons
• Remembers where you left off
• The entire 90-hours of standard audio only uses 1.4 GB or if you have the space or turn on the enhanced audio which uses 4 GB.
At any time you can add the NKJV Study Bible resources and utilize this powerful app for deeper understanding and study which includes:
• Over 15,000 verse-by-verse study notes
• 150 Bible times and culture notes
• 114 articles on key Bible doctrines
• 350 word studies with Strong's numbers
• "Christ in the Scriptures" feature
• Topical index
• Deluxe Nelson concordance
• Full-color maps
The Word of Promise® Audio Bible has won three Audie Awards from The Audio Publishers Association’s (APA) Audies competition. The audio Bible project took home more Audies than any other title when it was crowned the winner for the “Audio Drama,” “Inspirational/Faith-Based Non-Fiction,” and “Package Design” categories. The Audie Awards is the only awards program in the United States devoted entirely to honoring spoken word entertainment.
“The cast members were well-chosen. The sheer number of actors and the direction and the quality were effective, impressive, well-packaged, well-organized, and well-done. WOW! This is an audiobook people will hear about for a longtime,” noted the Audie Award judges.
“The Word of Promise® Audio Bible was a labor of love and I feel truly blessed for it to be honored with three Audie Award awards,” says producer Carl Amari. “Over four years of work and thousands of man hours went into both the creation and promotion of this project and to have The Audio Publishers Association recognize it in this way is a great honor.”
In addition to the three Audie Category Awards, The Word of Promise® Audio Bible also held the honor of being one of the three finalists for the APA’s “Audiobook of the Year” award. The project has also been awarded a Platinum Marcom Creative Award in recognition of excellence in creativity.