Go on a reading adventure with the Letterland friends! This app includes three carefully designed and imaginative Letterland stories:
• Bouncy Ben and his bike
• Clever Cat and the cake
• Dippy Duck and the dentist
Share the reading experience with levelled sections for your child to read with minimal support.
• Narration can be toggled on or off.
• Speech bubbles highlight decodable words for beginner readers.
• Short sentences for early readers made up of words using the 26 letters in their most phonically regular form.
• Tap words in the short sentences to hear their pronunciation.
• Tap any Letterland character to hear their name and the sound they make.
• Simple comprehension questions at the end of the story.
Additional app features include:
• Fun activities including a maze, word search, spot the difference puzzle, matching pairs game and drawing activities.
• Trace lower and uppercase ‘b’, ‘c’, and ‘d’ to build towards independent writing. Introduces the correct strokes for writing.
• Handwriting song for the letters ‘b’, ‘c’, and ‘d’ to help learn letter shape formation correctly.
Trusted by parents, endorsed by teachers, loved by children. The Letterland child-friendly phonics apps are suitable for ages 3-8.
**No in-app adverts**
Developed by Gazoob, the team behind "Read with Biff, Chip & Kipper".
About Letterland: In 2013 Letterland celebrated 45 years of publishing success. In those 45 years we've published hundreds of titles that have sold in their millions around the world. Letterland is used in over 111 countries worldwide and our award-winning books and software have helped countless young children learn to read, write and spell.
Letterland fully meet the Department for Education core criteria for high quality synthetic phonics resources.