BEKAER turns your iPhone into a real beaker to experiment with hundreds of chemicals.
You can hold it, shake it, heat it up, cap it, add in chemicals, pour out, and even pour between devices.
Example Experiments to Play With
- CaO + H2O
- K + H2O (burning)
- Na + H2O (burning)
- Al + Br2 (burning)
- CuSO4 + H2O + Mg (color transforming)
- AgNO3 + H2O + NaCl (precipitation)
- C2H4O2 + NaHCO3 + Blue (creates bubble)
- Cu + AgNO3 + H2O (precipitation)
Example Experiments Using Match (quickly swipe your finger and hold, like striking a match)
- Ignite Mg
- Ignite C
- Ignite Al
- Ignite H2 + O2 (blasting)
Examples Experiments Using Heater (swipe from the lower right corner to the left to open heater):
- Heat Fe + HNO3 (color transforming)
- Burn H2O
Example Experiments Using AirMix (Put together two devices with BEAKER open to init connection):
- Pour NaCl + H2O into AgNO3 + H2O (precipitation)
- Pour Na into another BEAKER containing Cl2 (burning)
If you have two iOS devices, put them close and BEAKER on both devices will connect with each other automatically. Then you can pour any chemicals from one into another wirelessly.
More To Do
- Experiment with 150 unique chemicals.
- 300 different reactions for you to explore.
- See color changing in different solutions.
- Tap on any chemicals to see their real-time data.
- Real-time formulas shown up.
- Memorize formulas times faster than reading books.
- Simply pour out to clean up.
- Do experiment with your friends using AirMix.
- Shake to trigger or accelerate reactions.
- Swipe in from the upper right corner to cap the beaker.
- Swipe in from the lower right corner to turn on Burner.
- Absolutely (apparently) safe, even if it's 'explosive'.
- Tap and hold on the reagent to add more.
- Original sound effects made from real beakers.
- No 3rd party advertisement or in-app purchases.
We do not collect or share personal information. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
The geolocation is used only for AirMix to connect nearby devices to pour chemicals from one to another. And the geolocation data is used anonymously and is not distributed outside of the app.
Lab Safety Disclaimer
BEAKER is the perfect app that helps you to explore the magic of chemistry experiments. However, by the very nature of laboratory work, chemical experiments can lead to messy, highly toxic, explosive, corrosive, carcinogenic, and all together dangerous results in the real world. You are expected to learn and adhere to the safety guidelines in your lab to ensure a safe laboratory environment for both yourself and the people you may be working near. BEAKER is only intended for illustration; no warranty, guarantee, or representation is made by BEAKER or THIX LLC as to the accuracy and sufficiency of any information contained herein, and BEAKER or THIX LLC assumes no responsibility in connection therewith.
*Geolocation and Internet access required
If any chemicals or reactions are missing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your suggestions will be greatly valuable for us.