Control playback, speed (& more) of web videos in Safari - with this clever web extension.
The Vidimote upgrades for your video watching experience:
• SPEEEED: watch videos at up to 2 x original speed, finely adjustable in 5% steps. Save time watching videos - without missing out on any content. Or watch a live stream's recorded part at increased speed - until you're "back to live".
• CONTROL: jump ±10 seconds, use the position slider and - of course - play and pause.
• ACTUAL TIME REMAINING: see how much _actual_ time remains to the end of the video - adjusted to the playback speed.
• LIVE STREAM CLOCK: see the approximate clock time for your current position in the live stream, making it really easy to find f.ex. the beginning of a show.
• PICTURE IN PICTURE (PiP): move web videos to picture in picture - and continue watching while using other apps.
• FULLSCREEN: enlarge web videos to fullscreen.
• MUTE/UNMUTE: mute and unmute web videos.
Vidimote was written and designed to work with HTML5 web videos everywhere - and in our testing it has, including the websites of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch, TED.com, Udemy, Khan Academy, MagentaTV, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, Facebook, ownCloud, Nextcloud, Dropbox, Amazon Drive, Google Drive and OneDrive.
Given the sheer number of websites out there, however, we can't guarantee that Vidimote works with every single web video out there. If you run into a video where it doesn't work, please let us know via our website's contact/support form.